Neighborhood Scout and Safety Program
- Talk to Everybody!
- Writing Pad and Pen: Issues, Actions, Volunteer Hours
- Camera with Flash – Disposable.
- Orange Marking Tape
- Give NSSP CARD with telephone numbers, encourage Speed Dial.
- Cell Phone: Speed Dial
893-7780 Police Non-Emergency
893-7211 Action Line: Fix Anything
- Lights Out
- Overhanging vegetation
- Graffiti [Signs are coated, use rubbing alcohol or Goof Off]
- Newspapers, Solicitations not removed in 1 day.
- Stray Bikes, Skateboards. Are “Abandoned” on Public Property.
- Call in: Possible Crime Evidence ~ Drop bike, steal car, gone, etc.
- PEOPLE who do not belong – make yourself OBVIOUS
- Write down Tag Number
- Disposable Camera, flash, take photo of what they are doing
- (not face to face).
- Talk to them “How may I help you?” Don’t like eye contact.
- Suspicious = CALL IN: “Car cruising looking in cars & houses, describe car and occupants.”
- Note: DISPATCHER, EVENT #, Time
- Log your Volunteer Hours, and make notes of actions.
- Middle School: Start Dismiss: 4:15pm (Wed. 3pm)
Holidays: Nov 21-25, Dec 20 to Jan 2, March 26-30, Close June 7
Every Meeting: Announce 893-7780 Police Non-Emergency